Top 13 Righteous Prick Blogs of 2012
As has been customary for the last few years I have made my (unpaid) bread and butter writing about the comedy business, my own career and the occasioanl rant about something else in our culture. So for those of you that have not kept up or would like a convenient link to send to people to turn them on to the blog I present my Top 13 (I refuse to do a Top 10 because they are too popular) Blogs of 2012. Also, if so inclined to show me support either become a fan of the Facebook Page and/or “like” my Huffington Post page where some of these appear. Thanks and enjoy:
1. The Death of Stand Up Comedy – My typical cheery, well-reasoned about the demise of stand up comedy. I believe this was the most “liked” post on my website this year.
2. 10 Things in Stand Up Comedy that Should Be Retired – Let’s put it this way, Chris Rock shared it on his facebook page and Ralphie May argued against it. Not sure I need any more endorsements.
3. Adam Carolla’s Eddie Brill Moment – My defense (well-reasoned to those not highly emotional while reading) about why what Carolla said was a) not as bad as people thought and b) not what people claimed he said.
4. The Elephant in the Room at the Comedy Awards – During another coronation of Louis CK I make the case for the late, great Patrice O’Neal.
5. Dane Cook and Comedy’s New Politically Correct Police – My first beef with a celebrity began here with TJ Miller replying (quite respectfully to his credit) to my commentary about Dane Cook’s new vulgar voice on stage.
6. How to Get Along with a Struggling Comedian – Very popular on the Huffington Post with comedians and called “bitter and mean” by commenters who know nothing about comedy or comedians.
7. I Did Not Know That Memes Were The Future of Comedy – Suck it George Takei! (metaphorically)
8. Comedian Speaks at South Bronx High School Career Fair Despite Lacking a Career – I often write about road work, but this was a nice change of pace as I recapped speaking at a career day about my legal and comedy “careers.”
9. The Social Media Guide to Watching Breaking Bad – What year would be complete without some Walter White work? Only read this one if you made it through Season 4 of BB.
10. Jeff Dunham Announces New Puppets for 2012 – My press release for one of comedy’s genius level talents.
11. To the Defense of “Girls” – It’s Not Its Fault – Premature hysteria over 4 white girls starring in a show demanded a response and even though many disagreed with me, they were mostly not right. Like the Carolla blog – this was a thoroughly anaylitical breakdown of the show and only those with an emtoional stake in the show would see me as wrong.
12. Why I Am Rooting For Lebron James – Praise for the King and shame on the NY Knick fan base.
13. The Future of Comedy – A sarcastic look forward at the comedy and stand up comedy worlds.
So please share this whole post or individual posts you like and thanks for reading in 2012 and hopefully in 2013.