Top 10 Summer Movies – 2011
For anyone who reads my blog because they enjoy my movie reviews here’s my top ten from this Summer. Sorry fans of Bridesmaids – I gave it a decent review, but I liked these 10 movies better. So get out to a theater or re-order your Netflix queue for these:
- Rise of the Planet of The Apes – Tea Party’s idea of Evolution, which I assume is why they oppose it
- Crazy Stupid Love – Best romantic comedy since 500 Days of Summer
- X Men: First Class – washed away the stain from X Men 3 and X Men Origins-Wolverine
- Warrior – a thoughtful, emotional movie about MMA, which is presumably why MMA fans did not see it
- The Help – lesson I took away: White women are horrible racists, except for the white woman with big breasts
- The Trip – I may be biased because I am a comedian, but I loved this road tripping movie about two comics
- Captain America – Benefited greatly from not being Thor (which was not terrible) or having Ryan Reynolds in it
- Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2 – bye bye Potter.
- The Debt (3rd two-word “The” movie on the list) – brought a little high class to the Summer season
- Midnight in Paris – I prefer Woody Allen being cynical and depressing, but this fairly positive movie was pleasant
The biggest loser of the Summer – Ryan Reynolds. Had the worst movie of the Summer, Green Lantern, and received such bad reviews for The Change Up that he actually broke my streak of seeing movies with Jason Bateman.