Some lists for the week.
- American Idol – A few weeks ago when they announced the Top 36 contestants I picked my Top 5. All 5 of my picks are in the Top 13. https://jlcauvin.com/?p=622 So I guess I am actually on my list of good. This show is good. I constantly hate myself for feeling this way, but it is.
- March Comedy Madness at Caroline’s – 2 years ago I made the Sweet 16. Last year I made the Elite 8. After going through a broken up engagement and gaining a sick Obama impression I have done the equivalent of comedy performance enhancing drugs to try and win the thing. 1st round this Wednesday – check the calendar for info. Note: this could be bumped to the bad list immediately upon me getting bounced from the tournament.
- HBO Sunday nights. – Eastbound and Down is an absolutely great comedy. Flight of the Conchords has been hit and miss, but the last two episodes have been amazing. And Big Love – a show whose first two seasons I watched on demand simply because there was nothing on television last summer – is off the charts great this season.
- My Best Friend’s Girl – I ordered this movie on demand, making it the first time I had paid for anything featuring Dane Cook since a 2004 performance at Caroline’s. It started out shaky, but I really enjoyed the movie. Perhaps it was because my expectations were lower than Paul Blart: Mall Cop ( and even given those expectations, quite possibly the worst movie ever made), but if this had been his first movie instead of his 6th or 7th his film career might have a different trajectory.
- The Utah Jazz – 11 wins in a row. My favorite thing on Earth other than my own jokes is the Utah Jazz.
- Rihanna and Chris Brown – I have harped on them enough, but this couple – the young black version of Michael and Kay Corleone in Godfather II – should both have their careers go up in flames.
- The Heartland Institute – their Conference on Climate Change in NYC over the next few days is and effort to show that global warming is either hoax or greatly exaggerated. I wish there was a way to ensure that only them and like minded skeptics/non-believers of fact would die in the event of environmental catastrophe. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/09/science/earth/09climate.html?_r=1&ref=us
- 24 – The President is being held hostage. Even for a far fetched show – this season sucks. The only thing good related to this show will be my forthcoming spoof.
I saw this movie this weekend. It was ok if you like movies. It was great if you like neon blue penis shots.